By Lisa Horton for Popsugar.com
The dog days of Summer may be well behind us, but that doesn’t mean it’s time to pack in the outdoor adventures quite yet. Crisp Fall days are just around the corner they lend themselves perfectly to throwing on a sweater and embarking on family fun from sun up till sundown. Here, 22 ways to take advantage of the season!
1. Make a pile of leaves and jump in them.
2. Play with sidewalk chalk. One bucket of sidewalk chalk will lend itself to hours of entertainment and tons of learning opportunities. All you need is a concrete space, a wild imagination, and a hose for cleanup.
3. Feed the Ducks. If your kids have been begging for a pet of their own for months and you’re simply unable to oblige, give them the next best thing. Grab some stale bread to use as duck food, and head to your nearest lake or pond. You can even make a half-day trip of it, packing a lunch and hanging by the playground.
4. Go Apple Picking. Seek out a nearby orchard and get picking! This will also solve your dilemma of what to do on upcoming rainy or overcast days, as your bushels of apples will make the most delicious pies, muffins, breads, and more.
5. Write a Fall Bucket List. Teach the kids about setting goals early on with a Fall bucket list. It doesn’t have to be anything serious — think friendships, new sports, and recipes — but it will be fun to turn to your list for ideas next time you hear a chorus of “Mom, I’m bored . . . “
Fall is the prefect time to start your child on their reading journey with Reading Kingdom. Sign up today for a free 30 day trial.