What You Need to Know:
• This book is an excellent choice to encourage kids to begin the reading process.
• P.D. Eastman, sometimes confused with Dr. Seuss, although they are not the same person, also wrote the popular Are You My Mother? picture book.
• Conversations are sure to be inspired by the fun details on each page.
• Even the flap covers grab your attention with more dogs on the go.
• Groundbreaking when first published more than 40 years ago, it remains an important and relevant book today.
Dogs of all sizes and colors are the characters in this special book. They roller skate, ride bikes, drive cars, swim, play baseball and more. As the story progresses, the dogs are all going somewhere, but where? The suspense builds and culminates with an exciting dog party held high up on top of a tree. It is highlighted by a two-page spread showing dogs of all colors swinging, jumping, eating, running and enjoying the festivities. Throughout the story, two of the dogs meet up again and again, always with the same greeting until the end where they ride off together into the sunset. The Illustrations help to guide readers through the story while they also succeed in entertaining them. The dogs’ facial expressions and accessories are especially amusing to young readers. The repetition of certain phrases and simple language will also inspire kids to join in. Before long readers will be familiar with words like up, down, in, and out. This book was the first one each of my kids read on their own – I can’t recommend it enough!
Your child will learn to read books like Go, Dog. Go! with Reading Kingdom. Sign up today for a free 30 day trial.