Reading Kingdom is the only program designed to specifically foster what Reading Kingdom, the creator of the system upon which our program is based, calls our “hidden abilities.”
What are our hidden abilities? They are a set of language skills that we develop which enable us to use our language in very complex ways without any conscious effort.
One way to see how these hidden abilities work is to notice how we automatically choose two different pronunciations for two instances of a word that is spelled identically.
Here are a number of examples:
- The bandage was wound around the wound.
- The farm was used to produce the produce.
- The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse.
- He could lead if he would get the lead out.
- The soldier decided to desert in the desert.
- He thought it was time to present the present .
- When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.
- I did not object to the object.
- There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row.
- They were too close to the door to close it.
- The wind was too strong to wind the sail.
- Upon seeing the tear in the painting I shed a tear.
- I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.
- How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?
So take a moment to marvel at your amazing hidden abilities…
If you want to see your child uncover their own hidden abilities, click here to sign up for a free 30 day trial of our online reading program. Thousands of parents and teachers love the way our unique approach teaches children how to read. If you haven’t already, we hope you join them soon!